Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A big AllyScraps welcome to Daniela Dobson!

We are so pleased to welcome Daniela Dobson as a special guest designer here at AllyScraps. We've admired her work for a long time, and we are so happy to have her with us. Here is Daniela, I'll let her tell you a little about herself.



"My name is Daniela and I live in Dallas, TX. I am married to Peter and we have a little boy, Alex, who is 3 years old. He keeps me busy and my days are filled taking care of him. I have been scrapbooking and stamping for over 8 years. I really enjoy challenges and strive to be innovative. I love recording every day moments, especially now, with my son. I am a night owl and I stay up way too late creating. I love patterned paper and I am a collector of things, stamps in particular, they are everywhere. When I am not crafting I can be found spending time with my two boys, watching reality TV, cooking or reading."





You are My Sunshine card
instructions
1. Make 3 ½ x 5 ½ “ card from green cardstock.
2. Cut a strip of patterned paper to 2 ¾ x 4 ½ “. Adhere a strip of border punched patterned paper to each side.
3. Adhere tissue paper to the bottom of patterned paper. Distress the edges with scissors. Adhere to the front of the card.
4. Machine stitch four doilies over the bottom seam.
5. Tie twine to chipboard shape and adhere to the card.
6. Adhere sun and two butterflies.
Supplies
Cosmo Cricket Upcycle collection, Repeat
Cosmo Cricket Upsycle collection, Butterflies & Doilies
Echo Park Summer Days collection, Rainbow
Echo Park Summer Days collection, Chipboard Accents
Pink Paislee Soiree collection, Printed Tissue
Other Supplies
Twine, sewing machine, Bazzill Basics Paper cardstock, Fiskars border punch





The Grass is Greener with YOU card
Instructions
1. Make a 5 x 5” card from green cardstock.
2. Cut a piece of patterned paper to 4 ¾ x 4 ¾” and adhere to the card front.
3. Cut sun sticker in half and adhere to the top edge of the card
4. Adhere green border sticker to the bottom of the card.
5. Adhere two flowers and add a button tied with twine to flower centers.
6. Adhere sentiment sticker and tie twine around the front of the card.
Supplies
Echo Park Summer Days Collection, Scene
Echo Park Summer Days Collection, Element Stickers
Cosmo Cricket Salt Air Collection, Buttons
Other supplies
Martha Stewart green twine, Bazzill Basics Paper cardstock

Thank you so much to Daniela for her lovely cards!! Be sure to check out her blog, and enjoy. Dana

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [15 Jun 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Leslie Ashe said...

I LOVE Daniela's work!!

Kimberly said...

LOVE Daniela's work, just BEAUTIFUL! :)
Loves,
K

Cindy said...

Love these cards!