Thursday, February 17, 2011

February sketch contest reminder!!

Hope you're all busy working on your February sketch contest entries!!! The due date is coming close, and for the first time ever, we don't have a single entry! Debbie Gaydos has created this awesome 2 page sketch just for us, we are so lucky to have her. Here's Debbie's sketch.



I got right to work making my layout. Just a simple one from me.



I used October Afternoon's Modern Homemaker line. I love that lots of October Afternoon's lines go together, so I was able to pull journaling cards and stickers from my stash, that matched perfectly. :) (Hey, a little birdie told me that there will be BRAND NEW October Afternoon coming to the store, hopefully it's here really soon.)

Can you believe the super cool prize that Cathy has given us this month?? It's from BoBunny, and the winner will receive one sheet of every piece of paper from their brand new lines that just debuted at CHA. This paper isn't even available to purchase yet. Thanks Cathy!



Of course, there are a few rules for our sketch contest. Make a layout using Debbie's awesome sketch as inspiration. You can flip it, turn it, mirror image it... just use the sketch to inspire your layout. Finish your project and e-mail the image (less than 500 kb please)to us by Sunday, February 20th at midnight Eastern time. We will choose a winner soon after. Send your layout to allyscraps@gmail.com. Have fun and good luck!

Check back soon, as we still have one project to share from Raechelle Bellus and Roree Rumph is coming back to Ally Scraps for March! Have a great day. Dana

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm preparing on my layout (challenge entry) as i write this!!! I LOVE double-page layouts and LOOOOOOVE this sketch!

Jennifer Moore said...

Just emailed mine! :)

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

cool sketch and great layouts!

Nicole said...

I keep checking every day for an update and to see who the big winner is :) I'm not sure i can stand the suspense any longer - hehehe

Dana D said...

So sorry girls for the delay! I will post the winner by tomorrow afternoon, thank you for all of your wonderful entries!!

Dana