Monday, July 12, 2010

New Bangs

Chris Hertel's daughter loves purple, so it was a given for her to use this gorgeous Utopia Collection for a layout about her new stylin' do!



Here are some instructions from Chris: "Using a 12 x 12 purple cardstock base, I trimmed a piece of Tranquil paper from Kaiser Craft's Utopia Collection, and
also a piece of Bliss, to 5" x10", adhere them side by side leaving a
1" border all around. I rounded the opposite corners of the papers.
Next I took 3 strips (1 1/2" x 12) of the back side of Tranquil,
glued them together, then folded (using approx. 1/2 inch folds) like
an accordion. Unfold the accordion, and refold the paper into
pleats, then zigzag stitch down the center. With all the folds the
paper will come out much shorter, to about 12" long. I folded a piece
under to make it about 11", and then glued it in the center of the
patterned papers. I then made some embellishments using my die
cutting machine, and added some purple Stickles and some BoBunny
iCandy Jewels. Add your photos, embellishments, journaling and title."




Supplies
Paper: Kaiser Craft Utopia Collection
Tranquil and Bliss
DieCuts: Kaiser Craft Utopia, and some were made with my die cutting
machine.
Stickles: Purple
Title: American Crafts Thickers Shoebox Light Blue and My Little Shoebox
Mini Alpha Stickers Apple


Thank you so much to Chris for being such an awesome guest designer. She's been an awesome friend of AllyScraps for quite some time and I know you'll want to keep in touch and to check out more of her inspiration! Here is a link to her blog. Thanks Chris!

~ Dana

No comments: