Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A big AllyScraps Welcome BACK to Chris Hertel, June guest designer!

We are so thrilled to have Chris Hertel back to AllyScraps as one of our June guest designers. Chris is no stranger to AllyScraps, having been a regular design team member here in the past... welcome back Chris!



Hi, I'm Chris Hertel, a mom of 2 kids, a boy and a girl. Married for 18 years (yikes, I know!)... we also have some furry kids... 2 dogs and a cat. Those are my primary sources of scrapbooking subjects, but, I have been known to scrapbook some other subjects, for instance, coffee, and my love of coffee and my coffee pot! And food... gotta love food!

I've only been scrapping since late 2006, but I've always been a crafty girl... I remember making shoes when I was about 6 out of cardboard and my brothers wooden blocks! I actually started with digital scrapbooking. I'm a graphic designer, and that was easier and quicker for me... then I fell in love with paper... fell hard and fast! Can't get enough. I enjoy my day job very much, and I get to work with my husband (we a design business), but there's just something about cutting and pasting that really relaxes me. My work has been published in Scrapbook Trends Cards, Making Memories Magazine, ScrapStreet Magazine and Creating Keepsakes. I've also had some work featured on industry blogs, most recently the CK blog and Cosmo Cricket facebook page."



Chris used paper and embellishments from the brand new Echo Park Paper Co. Sweet Summertime collection. Her base paper is blue sky, she also used whimsy stripe and sunny days border strips. Aren't these element stickers the very cutest?? She embellished her layout with BoBunny gems , My Little Shoe Box blue jeans letters , American Crafts thickers and some cute ribbon and trim!




Instructions:
1. Use the Echo Park Sweet Summertime paper Blue Sky as your layout base.
2. Cut a 3 1/2 x 12" piece of the whimsy stripe and apply to your Blue Sky paper about 4 1/2 inches down.
3. From the Sunny Days Border Stripe sheet, cut out the stripes and the words summer and a bit of the flowers below, about 3 inches total. Along the bottom, using your favorite border punch or decorative scissors apply a decorative edge to the strip of paper, and adhere to layout layering over the whimsy stripe paper.
4. Add your photos, stickers, ribbon, embellishments and title.
5. You're done! A quick easy and cute layout!

Thanks so much Chris! Love your layout, super cute.

~ Dana

2 comments:

Erika M. said...

Your layout is fabulous and welcome back!

laverneboese said...

love, love, love your work Chris!!!! Your layout is awesome!!!