Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Using Seasonal Products out of Season



When I saw these stamps on Sale the other day, I just had to have them. But who could wait until Christmas to use them?

We've been fortunate enough to have some snow here recently (a real novelty). I had loads of lovely photos to scrap and the stamps proved to be a perfect accent.



Those of you that know me, know that I adore My Mind's Eye. The new Penny Lane papers are no exception. They are simply gorgeous IRL.



The papers were so pretty, I had a hard time cutting them - you know how it goes! I cut out some of the circular flowers from Graceful Circles paper and arranged them with some circle frames.



Did you notice the gorgeous chipboard button from Jenni Bowlin? How cute it that?!

By layering the die cut frame behind my photo, I was able to place my cute little winter characters as a focus.



The stamps create beautiful, crisp images, which I've coloured in with watercolour pencils, before cutting them out. Add a little snow and glitter, they make perfect winter friends!

So why not try reassigning some of those seasonal items to other layouts?

Thanks for dropping by.

Morag x

1 comment:

Jess said...

very adorable layout!